[fpc-devel] ThousandSeparator

Ewald ewald at yellowcouch.org
Wed Nov 26 00:03:51 CET 2014

On 11/25/2014 07:36 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

> I'd assume that national separators are part of the according
> codepage, but is that always true?

Of the OS/window manager actually. You are of course right in that there
are a certain set of separators that can be used, but the exact
separator to use is dependent on the system.
  Most OS's contain some form of configuration for this (`Country/Region
& Language` in KDE, `Language & Text` in OS X, `Regional And Language
Options` in Windows XP). So for visualization purposes and integration
into the OS/WM, national seperators are to be fetched from the system,
just as keyboard layout, to make an analogy.

Note that by stating the above I in no way mean to say that this
`fetching` should be done automatically.

--
Ewald