[fpc-devel] UTF8 RTL

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Fri Nov 21 13:32:41 CET 2014

In our previous episode, Michael Schnell said:
> On 11/21/2014 09:53 AM, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> > The versatile string type is vaporware. There is no designdocument,
>
> Do you want me to create a document ? I could easily do it.

The point was that even though odds of implementation are low, even with
document, keep trying to push an empty one liner is even more useless.

> But as it would need compiler magic to work with, I don't have any
> chance to do the necessary patches. So I think it would be not nice at
> all to force any documentation on you without intending to do the work

You don't need to be able to create compiler magic, but to design language
extensions you do need to know what is possible with it and what not. Despite
the word "magic", not everything is possible or doable.