[fpc-devel] Lazarus 1.2 Release

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Mar 11 22:31:26 CET 2014

On Tue, 11 Mar 2014 13:56:18 -0700
Ralf Quint <freedos.la at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/4/2014 6:52 AM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> > The Lazarus team is glad to announce the release of Lazarus 1.2.
> >
> > This release was built with fpc 2.6.2.
> >
> In the light of FPC 2.6.4 being released today, what is the word on
> using the 2.6.4 compiler with Lazarus 1.2?

Next Lazarus release will be built with it. That's probably 1.2.2.

> (I am currently running my main setup on Windows 8.1 64Bit, using the
> 32bit version of Lazarus as per advice on the forum)

AFAIK the bug was fixed, so you are free to program 64bit with
fpc 2.6.4 under Windows 8.
Note: The IDE can be compiled with 32bit and you can build 64bit
programs with a 32bit IDE. The 32bit IDE is somewhat faster due to less
memory consumption.

Mattias