[fpc-devel] FPC and Windows Phone 8

Vsevolod Alekseyev sevaa at sprynet.com
Tue Mar 11 15:17:08 CET 2014

 From where I sit, it beats patching a huge codebase that I know next to
nothing about. Besides, my job is made easier by avoiding the gnarliest
parts of the FPC RTL. No objects, no dynarrays, no RTTI, no exceptions,
no Unicode. That's how easy (read: old-fashioned, almost Turbo
Pascal-style) *my* codebase is. What's there not to love? :)

 > If one adjusts the compiler, yes. If on the other hand one uses the
non-Thumb code generated by the compiler and converts it to Thumb: no. :P