[fpc-devel] M68k: important milestone reached

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Feb 24 14:46:22 CET 2014

On 02/24/2014 02:27 PM, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Broadly working when I last looked: both mips and mipsel were OK on
> Linux to the extent of being able to do a full native build, neither
> were up to compiling Lazarus (but things might have improved since).

In fact I am not sure about what the M4K variant exactly means.

I read about other variants needing more dummy instructions (delay
slots) after conditional branches (M4K needs one, AFAIK) This of course
is relevant for the compiler.

I took a look at

http://wiki.freepascal.org/Native_MIPS_Systems

Here the PIC32 as a "deeply embedded target" is not mentioned. IMHO this
is a very relevant use for the FPC MIPS compiler and should be added at
least as a "todo".

(I could provide some PIC32 / Microchip IDE knowledge if appropriate.)

-Michael