[fpc-devel] One fpc.cfg per fpc version

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Feb 17 10:34:08 CET 2014

On Mon, 17 Feb 2014 00:02:11 +0100
Ewald <ewald at yellowcouch.org> wrote:

>[...]
> The trick is basically to run fpc with two switches, and a modified $PATH:
>     - [-n]:   One that disables the default config file
>     - [@XXX]: One that specifies where to look for the config file. (as
> the quoted text states this should not be required, yet somehow it was for
> my setup -- I'll need to look into this)
>
> So than you have something like (for revision 26651, obviously):
> ===== fpc-26651 =====
> #!/bin/sh
> PATH="/compilers/fpc/26651/bin":$PATH" fpc -n
> @/compilers/fpc/26651/etc/fpc.cfg "$@"
> ===== ========= =====
>
> I'm not sure if that is really what you need, but I think this is the most
> flexible/straightforward method of `running one fpc.cfg per fpc version`.

It is the most flexible, I agree with that.

Most straightforward:
Without the '..' it could be more straightforward, because you would
not need the -n @.

My point is:
The current search <dir>../etc/fpc.cfg does not work with the
current defaults of "make install". The following would be better:

<dir>/etc/fpc.cfg
or /etc/fpc-<version>/fpc.cfg
or /etc/fpc.d/<version>.cfg

I agree with Marco that the first is not *nix like.

Mattias