[fpc-devel] fpmkunit - support for listing of packages for install.dat updates (Was: Re: [Core] Short 8.3 archive-filenames

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Tue Dec 9 00:35:48 CET 2014

On 8 Dec 14, at 16:17, Joost van der Sluis wrote:
> On 12/06/2014 05:14 AM, Tomas Hajny wrote:
> > As mentioned above, I've prepared a patch for fpmkunit to allow
> > listing of packages in a way supporting simplification of updates of
> > install.dat (the file used by the text-mode installer under OS/2 and
> > GO32v2).
 .
 .
> I don't see anything strange. You could argue if this is the right
> moment to add such a functionality. But otoh it doesn't change any vital
> functionality, and if we don't do it now it will only be functional with
> the next release.
>
> So go ahead.

Done.

The listing gives nice overview of missing package descriptions
throughout the whole tree. I used it to add descriptions for at least
some of them, but there are many more missing and I don't even know
what they would be about in some cases.

One particular case is libogcfpc. This one is supposed to be built
for all targets according to its fpmake.pp, although I strongly
suspect that it doesn't make too much sense. The original
Makefile.fpc.fpcmake seems to suggest that it was meant for powerpc-
wii only - can someone have a look at it, please?

Tomas