[fpc-devel] https support; call for testers

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Apr 11 15:26:40 CEST 2014

On Fri, 11 Apr 2014, Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Στις 11/4/2014 4:00 μμ, ο/η Michael Van Canneyt έγραψε:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've just committed support for SSL in the ssockets unit of FPC.
>> I also made the OpenSSL unit more thread-safe.
>>

> Great News !!! Thx a lot.
>
> Did you backported it to barnch fixes_2.6 also ?

No. Even if this would be the intention in the future,
it is too early for that. The units need some testing first.

> I needed for a project starting Monday but i have to use 2.6.4 ( prefer
> fixes_2.6 branch ) so i'll definitely test it to avoid using synapse ...

I doubt there will be a 2.6.x release still.

But I compiled everything with 2.6.4, and it worked.
You should be able to copy the following units from trunk to your projects directory:

openssl/src/openssl.pas
openssl/src/fpopenssl.pp
fcl-net/src/ssockets.pp
fcl-net/src/sslsockets.pp