[fpc-devel] Compiling Lazarus on PPC Linux

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Nov 30 12:10:33 CET 2013

Jonas Maebe wrote:

>> /usr/local/share/lazarus-trunk/components/synedit/test/units/powerpc-linux/testbase.sl/TestBase0s87.s:145623: Error: undefined symbol `.Ll443' in operation
>> /usr/local/share/lazarus-trunk/components/synedit/test/units/powerpc-linux/testbase.sl/TestBase0s87.s:145623: Error: undefined symbol `.Ll442' in operation
>> testbase.pas(652) Error: Error while assembling exitcode 1
>
> It looks like a bug in library-based smartlinking. We should probably enable section-based smartlinking on Linux/ppc too, but afaik nobody maintains that platform anymore.

I'm not sure I'm up to taking on maintenance on a formal basis: there's
just too many things I don't know about the innards of the compiler and
related subsystems.

I'm happy to continue trying to test on the systems available to me,
some of which are fairly uncommon by today's standards but I like to
think that eliminating alignment etc. issues that might show up on some
platforms but not others is generally worth doing.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk