[fpc-devel] Problems with ImageMagick MagickWand

Andrew Brunner atbrunner at aurawin.com
Wed Nov 27 01:15:36 CET 2013

Hi there,

I presently require ImageMagick to be installed along with my software.

The reason why I use it is merely to resize images from cameras downto
about 1024xY where Y varies to keep aspect ratio intact.  I used to use
FPImage to stretchdraw on a canvas but at the time it was really slow.
Slowing down directory listings in the cloud (images served via http are
converted in real-time)

My scaling needs are called hundreds of times concurrently for
thumbnails as well.  So whenever the user opens a file the server must
generate 1 thumbnail for each image in the directory. ImageMagick works
fast on Linux and Windows.

Presently I cannot get even a simple program that uses ImageMagick to
build on darwin.  I suspect the /ImageMagick/config build the libraries
to x86_64.

It would be nice if i could remove my dependency of ImageMagick. Does
anyone know the status of FPImage etc. to speed up image scaling native
to FPC?

Bug report on ImageMagick linker error with sample program :

Thanks very much,
Andrew Brunner