[fpc-devel] Delphi anonymous methods

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 5 07:10:17 CET 2013

Am 05.03.2013 04:55 schrieb "Paul Ishenin" <ip at kmiac.ru>:

> 04.03.2013 18:29, Marco van de Voort wrote:
>
>> I chose the latter. Compatibility. All the way. No compromise.
>>
>> Is it pure? No. Is it perfect? No. Is it better than the alternative?
Yes.

>> Currently FPC is much dirtier than Delphi if only because it has two
>> implementations for everything.
>

> I'm totally agree. 2 implementations complicates the compiler and
complicates the use of the compiler. Component developers and those who
plant to port their delphi projects will not use objfpc mode if it will not
be delphi compatible.

ObjFPC mode is not compatible with mode Delphi, because of conscious
decisions. Think for example about the "@" for procedure variable
assignments here or the use of symbolic operator names for overload
declarations, instead of words like Delphi did it. And generics are a
further example.

Regards,
Sven