[fpc-devel] Delphi anonymous methods

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 04:59:21 CET 2013

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 11:15 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk> wrote:
> >From what I can see, anonymous methods are just like the above code...
> allowing a declaration of a procedure/method in-line inside a code block
> where in shouldn't belong. It is very, very un-Pascal like.

Because computer science is advancing, and there is a limit after which
programming language can not ignore those advancements and stay relevant.
Imagine Pascal without records, or enumerated types, or properties, or
built-in strings.
These are all "revolutionary" features that were introduced to the language at
various stages of its development -- some at the inception, some later.
Now, that does not mean that a particular Delphi implementation of
some features is optimal, and we do discuss options in this thread.

--
Alexander S. Klenin