[fpc-devel] Delphi anonymous methods

Boian Mitov mitov at mitov.com
Mon Mar 4 04:49:17 CET 2013

Yes, really!
Then again this is over 4 mln mines of code after all. :-D
Thank you for letting me know what closure is :-D . Can you imagine, me
being component vendor for over 16 years and not knowing what closure is
:-D.
Anonymous methods lead to a different way of thinking altogether and allow
you to do things that you can't even imagine with closures ;-) .
And they make the code infinitely easier to read, especially if like me this
is a huge codebase ;-) . After all we sell well over 400 components not to
mention some of our other Delphi based products ;-) .
Sure, if you have small code you can do just fine with closures, as I have
for many years, then again I did just fine without having classes, and
objects in the old days, and also did fine in the older days in Assembler
:-D .
So according to this logic, we really should be doing everything in machine
code (as I actually did briefly 24 years ago :-D ), who needs new features
such as those whatmacallit... ohhh yeahh... "compilers" :-D .

With best regards,
Boian Mitov

Mitov Software
www.mitov.com