[fpc-devel] Delphi anonymous methods

Boian Mitov mitov at mitov.com
Mon Mar 4 02:47:44 CET 2013

Strongly disagree.
Anonymous methods are a critical feature of any mother language, and allow
vast improvements of the code and the readability. I recently started
rewriting our libraries with anonymous methods and that alone allowed for
cutting over 20000 lines of code, while adding vast number of new features.
Any language that does not support anonymous methods is just a joke IMHO.

If you have never developed with them, (as was I), you never know what you
have been missing. They are actually more important than having object
oriented support IMHO.

With best regards,
Boian Mitov

Mitov Software
www.mitov.com

>From what I can see, anonymous methods are just like the above code...
allowing a declaration of a procedure/method in-line inside a code block
where in shouldn't belong. It is very, very un-Pascal like. The end
result is unreadable code, probably hard to debug etc.