[fpc-devel] Porting FPC to IBM zArch

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 24 11:49:45 CEST 2013

Am 24.07.2013 11:36, schrieb Bernd Oppolzer:
> Yesterday, for example, I observed that even writeln (s); for scalar
> types
> s is supported - which IMO was not the case for older Pascals - very
> convenient for quick tests ...
Free Pascal has vast extensions compared to older Pascal dialects. I
suggest you to take a look at the language reference guide for an
overview of the current feature set of FPC 2.6.2:
http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/ref/ref.html (trunk has some more
improvements)

On a related note to Writeln:
- writing enum names is also supported (e.g. Writeln(True) will print TRUE)
- writing to a String (known from ISO Pascal) is also supported:
WriteStr(s, 'Hello World!', 42) (String s will then contain 'Hello
World!42')

Regards,
Sven