[fpc-devel] where do download BinUtils for ARM - Raspberry Pi?

Michel Catudal mcatudal at comcast.net
Tue Jul 2 00:47:46 CEST 2013

Le 2013-07-01 04:36, Michael Schnell a écrit :
> On 06/29/2013 03:58 PM, Michel Catudal wrote:
>> e same state. For someone who doesn't have the money for an HDMI monitor, it does have a RCA connector for NTSC (or PAL) video.
> In fact, my friend found that its more comfortable to use VNC and attach to the Target as a remote GUI from his PC, anyway. So no additional Monitor necessary.
>
> He researches on how to switch off the BBB's graphic hardware altogether and by this free the shared graphics memory for software use and avoid the unnecessary memory read cycles for the picture refresh.
>
> (In fact the original purpose of the RPI was young students who perhaps don't own a PC, so this does not apply here.)

I find smaller devices like the AVR32 and PIC32 more appropriate for embedded system. ARM devices with Linux are more for use with video. The Pi is a bit slow on graphics so I came to the same conclusion as many that it is more usefull using ssh. I can run
setedit nicely using ssh on the Pi.

Michel

--
For Linux Software visit