[fpc-devel] assumed bug in the RTL with ARM v5 regarding loadingdynamic libraries

Yury Sidorov jura at cp-lab.com
Wed Jan 23 10:00:13 CET 2013

From: "Michael Schnell" <mschnell at lumino.de>
> Hi fpc RTL experts.
>
> My project uses Synapse but features link problems and crashes when
> I resolve same.
> Tracking this down:
>
> Synapse uses the unit dynlibs
>
> dynlibs uses the unit dl
>
> dl does not have a "uses" clause, so the problem seems to be here.
>
> When in a dedicated test project I just do "uses dl", I get the
> linker message about _fini and _init, that I feature with any use of
> Synapse.

It seems you have libdl statically linked to your executable. That's
why you have such linker errors. Probably the linker is unable to find
libdl.so but finds only libdl.a

Anyway static linking should work too, but you need to link with libc.
If you get segfaults when linking to libc, then cprt0.as for arm-linux
is buggy.

Yury Sidorov.