[fpc-devel] Install fpc and Friends on a non-Debian ARM-Linux Device

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Jan 22 10:00:18 CET 2013

On 01/21/2013 12:42 PM, Thomas Schatzl wrote:

> The crt* files providing the _init and _fini symbols are from libc.
> Install libc-dev (iirc) using ipkg.
>
> I.e. ipkg install libc-dev
I already have it:

[/share/Public/heizarm] # ipkg install libc-dev
Package libc-dev (2.5-5) installed in root is up to date.
Nothing to be done
Successfully terminated.

I easily found the crti.o file in the Optware directory.

So I replaced the crti.o file I compiled with gcc, by the "official" one
for this machine.

I also installed the 2.6 fpc tar package, as you recommended.

The result is:

My project compiles nicely but only links when I add the line {$L
crti.o} to one of the units.

It still crashes seemingly during the initialization phase.

I did a test project that uses writeln and some rtl/fcl packages such as
string handling, DateTimeToString, Now, IniFiles. it can be linked
without adding {$L crti.o}

It works nicely.

I suppose the cause of the crash in fact is related to crti, but I am
not sure. I still don't know why - the hell -  the crt stuff is called
in my project, seemingly by the initialization section of one of the
units used. Maybe synapse ???. I'll go on adding units to the uses of my
testing project and see how far I get.

Thanks again,
-Michael