[fpc-devel] "embedded" again

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Jan 11 12:02:48 CET 2013

On 01/11/2013 11:51 AM, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> My recollection is that I've had Lazarus running on a "Slug",
> including gdb. The important point was that I neither had video
> capability on the host, nor did I start up a desktop using vnc,
> instead I tunneled Lazarus over ssh and found performance adequate
> (taking into account the severely limited memory by today's standards).

In fact I just replaced my old Debian-enabled Slug (plus an USB disk) by
the much more powerful  some weeks ago :-) . So now I have the Luxury of
a power saving automatically starting and stopping mirrored disk system
for my backups :-) :-) .

I suppose by "had Lazarus running on a "Slug", including gdb" and
"tunneled Lazarus over ssh" you mean remote debugging (running Lazarus
on a PC and the gdb stub on the Slug). I don't see what else in Lazarus
might support tunneling via SSH. (Please let me know if I am wrong.)
Great to hear that this does work.

-Michael