[fpc-devel] String handling in trunk (was utf8 in 2.6.0)

Paul Ishenin paul.ishenin at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 16:58:50 CET 2013

05.01.13, 23:54, Michael Van Canneyt пишет:

> You are very much wrong.
>
> To start with, resource strings are not stored as Win32 resources.

I personally think that resources should be stored in their native
formats where is possible. This will allow to change them using software
designed for that environment. For example for windows there are many
resource editors which can replace icons, bitmap and string resources
too. It would be nice to have this ability also for binaries which FPC
do. On OS X resources are also stored different from what FPC do
currently - they are stored in application bundles as I know, so they
can be edited by external programs too.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin