[fpc-devel] Is target mips-embedded possible / planned?

Michael Ring mail at michael-ring.org
Thu Feb 14 23:44:26 CET 2013

I have seen a lot of work on mpis platform in svn over the last weeks.
Are there plans to create a mips-embedded target or is this strictly
mips-linux?

I am asking because modern PIC32MX Controllers from Microchip are mips
based, I somehow prefer arm-microcontrollers but when you want to build
something small and cheap the Microchip controllers still have an
advantage because they are still available in DIL-28 or other (more or
less)low pin count casings. For arm I only know of Cortex-M0 chips with
low pin count, but as far as I understand fpc cannot target Cortex-M0
because there is no armv6m support in the compiler.

Michael