[fpc-devel] TCustomApplication

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Aug 19 14:30:10 CEST 2013

On 08/19/2013 02:21 PM, Martin Schreiber wrote:
> BTW, why don't you simply use MSEgui which provides all this out of
> the box instead to constantly annoy FPC and Lazarus people? ;-)
(We already did discuss this years ago ;-) . I do hope that just asking
a question each year is not too annoying....)

I am (supposedly) not going to a "use" anything to do any real
applications at all, but I am doing some groundwork to help my
colleagues to port some of their Delphi stuff to Linux.

I am quite sure that I will not be able to have the 30 years Delphi
users switch to mse, but some hope remains to talk them into using Lazarus.

Right now, there is news by Embarcadero that the next version of Delphi
will support doing native ARM application on Android devices. Thus Linux
_is_ going to be supported somehow.

But here they would need to switch to FireMonkey. This might be close to
impossible, again, while the LCL is much closer to the legacy Delphi VCL.

-Michael