[fpc-devel] Compiling for libgdb, and using make -j on larger SPARC systems

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 12 17:39:27 CEST 2013

On 12.08.2013 16:06, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

>>> Hold on: the IDE without libgdb compiles OK natively on SPARC. It's only
>>> adding libgdb which screws things.
>>>

>> This might be, but the problem nevertheless suggests a potentially
>> serious compiler bug as the compiler should not raise exceptions (or
>> internal errors) on valid code.
>
> OK, but I'm betting that it would fail if the SPARC cross compiler were
> asked to build with libgdb... is this something you can or do do?

It's not the libgdb itself which triggers problems (well, aside the
missing dependency), but the inclusion of the fpregs unit which is not
added if the IDE is not compiled with libgdb support.

> Would it help if I were to build a cross-compiler here and try building
> the IDE both with and without libgdb?

It would help more if you'd be able to reduce the problem from "compile
IDE with libgdb" to "compile this simple unit/program". Thus could you
please try to reduce the ide/fpregs.pp unit (which contains the
suspicious TVectorRegs record) so far that it can be compiled standalone
(no further dependencies), but still triggers the exception?

Regards,
Sven