[fpc-devel] fpc on odroid (ARM hardfloat)

Michel Catudal mcatudal at comcast.net
Sat Aug 10 15:01:08 CEST 2013

Le 2013-08-10 04:35, peter green a écrit :
> Michel Catudal wrote:
>> You will find binaries for fpc 2.6.2 with hard float support as well as larazus 1. The code is based on the code from Debian.
> Out of interest what if anything did you change compared to the package from debian? did you just rebuild it in a different environment?

You are correct to some extent. I think that the changes I made were just to have my signature so people know that I created those, I don't want anyone to blame the folks at debian if I messed up. I have worked also on the mate desktop so my memory has
lapsed on whether I made software changes or not on fpc. I did make a lot of changes on mate to get it compile. I did create mate-mplayer on funtoo, not yet on ubuntu. I will take a look and let you know if I did make changes in the code. I am almost
certain that most of my work for fpc and lazarus was in the debian scripts. The debian group made an excellent job, I was surprised how little effort I had to put to get the packages to compile. When I get some time I will see to get a debian image at my
liking for odroid. I do like debian, not more than funtoo or gentoo though. Funtoo is my favorite platform for odroid, Mele and Pi. I did try the debiban for odroid on the net, but lots is missing, I may not care much for ubuntu but the odroid support
(except for fpc and lazarus) is ahead of the one in debian.

There is one package that lazarus said that is installed but it can't find the file. When I am done with the tasks that I am busy on I will take a look to clear the problem. It hasn't affected any work I had to do on lazarus yet, it just gives an annoying
message when I load lazarus.

Michel

--
For Linux Software visit