[fpc-devel] Offer to repair and maintain the FPC community website (repeat msg, no HTML)

Cephas Atheos cephasatheos at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 02:39:56 CEST 2012

On 25/09/12 8:15 AM, "Jonas Maebe" <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be> wrote:

>The problem is that both in your previous and in your current message,
>you are sending the mail to one correct list address and to two invalid
>ones.
Thanks for clarifying that, Jonas. That would explain why I got 2
administrative replies  telling me about my unusual content and one normal
receipt!

Although I *seem* to have subscribed to the 'correct' lists (fpc-other,
fpc-devel, and fpc-announce) via the website, for some weird reason my
mailer only stored the *-request list addresses instead of the non-request
ones. I've cleared those out manually, so hopefully that's in the past
now. I'm sorry to have added to your workload, I was trying to do exactly
the opposite!

I freely admit, I haven't used a mailing list for 15 years or more. It's
all coming back to me nowŠ Oh, the horrorŠ :)

I'm writing a list of the links and functions that are out of order, so
even if my help is superfluous, someone else might be able to use the
information. Mostly, I've been trying to use the site to actually find
information about various aspects of FPC, so they're probably biased
towards what a new user would be seeing. If my access request is approved,
I can probably put together a more comprehensive list. Fingers crossed.

On a related noteŠ The website looks really quiet, with maybe 3 or 4
requests per month. Is there a link between the site and the formal
mailing lists? Or does the website work off its own set of lists? I
noticed while looking through these list archives that very few of the
questions raised in the website queues were listed in these archives, and
vice-versa. This is just for my own understanding, I'm having quite a few
problems with fpc and lazarus, and I want to make sure my questions are
getting to the right audience.

Mario seems to be handling most of the responses in the website archives,
from the little I've been able to see. He's certainly been helping me as
much as he can, but there are a few things he's suggested I pass by you
guys first. I'll get those posted as soon as I can.

Thanks,
Pete