[fpc-devel] -i and -Cp

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Oct 17 15:58:45 CEST 2012

When -i returns lines with spaces, e.g.

Supported CPU instruction sets:
   SPARC V7
   SPARC V8
   SPARC V9

what is the correct form to use for the -Cp option? For the toplevel
makefile I've already got  make GDB_V607=1 OPT='-O- -gl -vt' all  and I
presume that what I need is something like

make GDB_V607=1 OPT='-O- -gl -vt "-CpSPARC V7"' all

but I'd appreciate confirmation: I'm just about to run a slow
compilation to see whether FPC will work on a very small Solaris 7
(SunOS 5.7) system and I'd rather not have to wait a day to discover
I've got an option wrong. Just pushing the limit out of curiosity...

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk