[fpc-devel] Re: FPC related fairy tale

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Nov 7 09:58:52 CET 2012

On 11/05/2012 09:28 PM, Sven Barth wrote:

>     all the other younger children => arm, powerpc(64), sparc,
> mips(el), x86_64, jvm (, aarch64 ;) ) - most of them were "born"
> during the rewrite
>     (not mentioned, but the children that are dead (at least so far)
> => alpha, itanium, vis)
Is "aarch64" the upcoming 64 Bit ARM v8 (
http://www.arm.com/products/processors/instruction-set-architectures/armv8-architecture.php
) ?

Same seems very interesting for future Linux servers and there are
strong rumors that Apple might migrate their Laptops and Desktops away
from Intel ta ARM (v8).

Regarding that we already do have arm 32Bit and x86_64 this seems rather
doable (once testing hardware and/or simulators are available).

-Michael