[fpc-devel] Memory Streams unable to handle reads past 2GB

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Nov 7 00:23:37 CET 2012

On Tue, 6 Nov 2012, Andrew wrote:

> On 12-11-06 05:07 PM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>
> Please re-open the issue and I will post an updated program that fails EVERY
> TIME.
>
> Or just use the attached Widen.lpr... :-)

Works perfectly here. 64-bit linux, 8Gb mem.
Are you trying this on a 32-bit system ?
Because then it will of course fail.

Also, it contains a flaw, since the buffer is not
initialized, and will contain random data.
So the tests at the end will fail and cause an error.
But this has nothing to do with range checking.

Michael.