[fpc-devel] XML Components

Andrew Brunner atbrunner at aurawin.com
Sat Nov 3 01:37:13 CET 2012

On Nov 2, 2012, at 6:39 PM, waldo kitty <wkitty42 at windstream.net> wrote:

> On 11/2/2012 09:32, Sergei Gorelkin wrote:
>> In other words, XML is wrong technology to work with binary data, unless it is
>> encoded into textual form (Base64 or alike).
>
> encoding into textual form one increases the size of the stream by at least 1/3rd... a 3M file will be a 4M stream

Thats all true buy binary xfer is not doable on some mail servers.

My server uses deflate stream compression.  I have multicore servers.

My larger problem are these datagram Thats all true buy binary xfer is not doable on some mail servers.

My server uses deflate stream compression.  I have multicore servers.

My larger problem are the datagram
values containing strings that fail.

So with encoding of binary inflated - I would still have to parse each byte.  To me that is the problem.

Andrew Brunner
Aurawin LLC
512.574.6298

A safe new way to store and share your files, pictures, videos and more.

http://aurawin.com