[fpc-devel] Breaking change in FPC 2.6.1

LacaK lacak at zoznam.sk
Thu May 3 11:54:46 CEST 2012

Sven Barth  wrote / napĂ­sal(a):
> Am 03.05.2012 08:39, schrieb LacaK:
>> Hi,
>> I have question indirectly related to this subject ;-)
>> If there are fixed some bugs in trunk (2.7.1 now) can we expect that
>> they will be backported in some of next stable release 2.6 (2.6.2,
>> 2.6.3)?
>> If yes , are there any rules which bugs are / can be / will be
>> backported ?
>> (Now I am not speaking about new features added, but only about bugs
>> fixed)
>> Depends it on fact how complex / risky is fix or must be backporting
>> explicitly asked by sb ?
>
> Trivial bugfixes especially in the RTL or packages are often
> backported (though we now have the additional difference in the
> buildsystem).
Yes I am here speaking mostly about packages.
And when happens this backporting? Short time before release in a batch
(more bugs in one merge) ?
I known from Marco, that there is mergelog
http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/mergelogs26/database.html
But I do not know, if all this bugs are candidates for merging or simply
it is list of all bugs fixed in trunk and not yet merged?
So I am not sure what will be realy backported and what not ...

> In the compiler it depends on the severity of the changes. E.g. I
> personally don't want to backport most of the generic fixes I have
> done as they introduced or depend on massive changes in the compiler.
Yes it is logical ;-)
-Laco.