[fpc-devel] Re: Class field reordering

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 00:39:09 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 22 July 2012 07:14, Ivanko B <ivankob4mse2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> private
>   prorerty Private1: integer read fldPrivate1 write fldPrivate1;
>   prorerty Private2: integer read fldPrivate2 write fldPrivate2;
> protected
>   prorerty Private1relaxed: integer read fldPrivate1 write fldPrivate1;
>
> Then MSEgui/FPgui may rely on Private1relaxed insted of fldPrivate1+cracker.

I'm sorry Ivanko, but that defeats the whole point of well designed
classes and hierarchy. As Michael mentioned - if good reason can be
given why a specific private field needs to be accessed, then sure, it
should be moved to protected or some property added. The FPC team was
accommodating with me in this regard in the past, so I can't see why
they would treat Martin any different. Martin simply needs to take
them case by case - instead of littering his framework with "cracker"
classes, and never raising the issues with the FPC team. Yes, now it
is more work for Martin [having having many "cracker" classes
implemented], but he should have spoken sooner.

  - Graeme -