[fpc-devel] Cross compiling x86 on amd64, linking to crtbegin.o etc.

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Tue Jul 17 13:04:04 CEST 2012

On 17 Jul 2012, at 07:15, Sergei Gorelkin wrote:

> I'm afraid this isn't entirely correct. The problems arise when using "-n" in the command line (one example is compiling fpmake for packages directory). In this case any paths from fpc.cfg are ignored. Moreover, compiler silently ignores the absense of crti.o and company. The resulting executable manages to work somehow, but it is mostly by chance.

Then you'd have to pass extra CROSSOPT parameters to the compiler when building (it's not that uncommon having to specify extra parameters when building a cross-distribution). Unless of course there is a specification somewhere in the LSB (or whatever it's called today) that specifies the default locations of cross-libraries on multi-arch systems, but we can keep adding code to the compiler to cater to all possible distributions.

Jonas