[fpc-devel] Class field reordering

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Mon Jul 16 17:25:58 CEST 2012

On Mon, 16 Jul 2012, Martin Schreiber wrote:

> On Monday 16 July 2012 16:50:06 michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be wrote:
>>
>> Well, from your code adding the following to the protected section:
>>
>>    Property ValueBuffer : Pointer Read FValueBuffer;
>>    Property Validating : Boolean Read FValidating ;
>>
>> Should be enough to remove the need for the TFieldCracker ?
>>
> Unfortunately no:
> "
> procedure tmsebufdataset.checkfreebuffer(const afield: tfield);
> begin
> {$ifdef FPC}{$warnings off}{$endif}
> with tfieldcracker(afield) do begin
> {$ifdef FPC}{$warnings on}{$endif}
>  if foffset and 2 <> 0 then begin
>   freemem(fvaluebuffer);
>   fvaluebuffer:= nil;
>  end;
> end;
> end;
> "

If I understand correctly, you have in the record buffer just the pointer of
the (wide)string instead of the actual string data ?

If so, why then didn't you implement the string fields as blobs are implemented
in SQLDB (it is basically the same problem), in that case you would not need the
internal fields of TField at all ?

If that is not possible, it means you need a mechanism to 'finalize' the record buffer
whenever it is re-filled or goes out of scope ?

Michael.