[fpc-devel] ARM native compilation (Toshiba AC100)

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 22 11:48:50 CEST 2011

Am 22.09.2011 11:26, schrieb Mark Morgan Lloyd:
> Sven Barth wrote:
>> Am 21.09.2011 22:45, schrieb Henry Vermaak:

>>> To get this to work, you'll have to revert to revision 18269, build
>>> the compiler, then use that compiler as a starting compiler to build
>>> trunk. This worked for me. I don't know how the fpc team deals with
>>> this normally.
>>
>> Compiling the trunk compiler is only supported when using the latest
>> release (currently 2.4.4) as a starting compiler.
>
> Which, stating the obvious, is difficult when the available binary is
> stuck at 2.2.2.

But Sash0k wrote that he got the 2.4.4 from
ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/dist/2.4.4/arm-linux/
Could it be that your system and the distributed 2.4.4 compiler have
different settings (e.g. OABI vs. EABI, floating point)?

@Sash0k: maybe that would be interesting for you to check as well. Which
ABI still does your computer use? And which floating point system? Can
you use the distributed 2.4.4 compiler on your system for compiling a
hello world application?

Though I need to admit that I'm not an ARM expert, so I might not be of
much help here...

Regards,
Sven