Adding properties into existing stabs/dwarf; gdb readable workaround ? [[Re: [fpc-devel] Status and ideas about debug info (stabs, dwarf / dwar3)]]

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Tue Sep 13 16:38:34 CEST 2011

Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:
> On 13/09/2011 01:43, DaWorm wrote:
>> I don't understand why a property with a getter could ever be ran by a
>> debugger.  If I have a property called NextValue, implanted by a method
>
> Yes, yes, but I am a big boy and know what I am doing, so I do NOT want
> the debugger to limit what I am allowed to do.

The opposite is more true: you want the debugger do for you whatever you
ask it for. Question is *who* is asking the debugger to call a
subroutine, to e.g. get an property value. A user should not have to dig
into the getter code, in order to determine whether it's safe to call
that specific getter.

DoDi