[fpc-devel] bounty: FPC based debugger

Martin Schreiber mse00000 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 13:49:28 CEST 2011

On Monday 12 September 2011 13:36:43 Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 12/09/2011 13:32, Martin Schreiber wrote:
> > I think it is better to invest time into gdb support instead into a FPC
> > debugger which probably never will reach a usable state.
>
> [sarcasm on]
> With that attitude the same could be applied to MSEide, MSEgui and fpGUI
> too. Why did we bother investing time and effort into developing such
> frameworks or IDE's, when the should rather have invested our time in
> Lazarus?? Then again, why did somebody invest in FPC when we could
> simply have used the de-facto standard Object Pascal compiler - Delphi,
> stick to Windows (which covers 90% of the market).
> [sarcasm off]

True. And because we know what it means to develop something new from scratch
and because I know that I don't want to invest several years into development
of a FPC debugger and because we know that there are not so many people who
can make such a development and are able to *finish* the project I suggest to
concentrate on gdb.

Martin