[fpc-devel] bounty: FPC based debugger

Torsten Bonde Christiansen tc at epidata.dk
Mon Sep 12 09:47:15 CEST 2011

On 2011-09-12 09:08, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Speaking of the subject in another thread, and to show the desire I have
> to finding a solution to this [what I consider a very serious] problem....
>
> FPC needs its own debugger! GDB is just rubbish when it comes to the
> Object Pascal language. Also if FPC had it's own debugger, the time it
> would take developers to benefit from new debugger features, would be
> much quicker that it currently takes with GDB.
>
> If anybody with the know how is interested in implementing a Object
> Pascal based debugger (or extending Duby specifically for use with FPC),
> please let me know. I am more than willing to pay a few hundred US
> dollars (or Euros) towards this bounty.
>
> So consider this an official bounty. If others want to add to this
> bounty, you are more than welcome.
>

> Regards,
>    - Graeme -

I can +1 this post and add that my company is also willing to add
a few hundred Euros to this bounty.

I really miss the easy use of the Delphi debugger from D7. Especially the
live inspection of object during single step of the code.

Perhaps you Graeme will add this bounty to the wiki:
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Bounties

You can put me down as EpiData Association, with (at least) 250€.

Kind regards,
Torsten Bonde Christiansen.