[fpc-devel] FPDoc and Lazarus

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sun Sep 4 20:18:03 CEST 2011

On Sun, 4 Sep 2011, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

> Michael Van Canneyt schrieb:
>
>>> Argh, such constructs are really hard to find :-(
>>
>> Not really, the error message tells you where to look.
>
> Have a look at the lcl grids "How to..." topic, and try to find out where a
> passage
> #text var #text
> might violate any fpdoc assumption.

For starters, you can't have a <ul> in a table cell.

Then,

            <li>
               <var>DrawCell</var>. The DrawCell method is virtual and may be overriden in descendent grids to do custom drawing. The information passed to

               <var>DrawCell</var> helps to identify which particular cell is being painted, the physical area occupied on the screen and its visible status. S

               <link id="TCustomGrid.DrawCell">DrawCell</link> reference for details. For each cell the following occurs:
               <ul>
                 <li>

is wrong. This should be

            <li>
               <var>DrawCell</var>. The DrawCell method is virtual and may be overriden in descendent grids to do custom drawing. The information passed to

               <var>DrawCell</var> helps to identify which particular cell is being painted, the physical area occupied on the screen and its visible status. S

               <link id="TCustomGrid.DrawCell">DrawCell</link> reference for details. For each cell the following occurs:
               <ul>
                 <li>

Thirdly

            <li>
             As the drawing process is running, the visual state of each cell is adjusted according to grid options and position within grid. The visual state

Should be

            <li>
             As the drawing process is running, the visual state of each cell is adjusted according to grid options and position within grid. The visual state

> Even if I could reduce the error messages from 14 down to 3 messages (shown
> above), I'm absolutely clueless with the rest :-(
>
> It would help a lot, when also the *next* tag were shown, which requires that
> the preceding text must be wrapped into an paragraph.

I suggest you start submitting patches for all the issues that bother you.

The programs seem to work well enough for me and other people.
As evidence, I refer to the many pages of existing documentation.

If the programs are not up to your standards: feel free to submit patches to improve them.

Michael.