[fpc-devel] FPDoc and Lazarus

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sun Sep 4 00:32:30 CEST 2011

Michael Van Canneyt schrieb:

> Where do you see 'empty' paragraphs ?

See above. Even if the &nbsp may be inteded to form a gap between the
columns, I don't unterstand why these (and the other columns) are
embedded in an paragraph.

>> These messages are quite vague, since this topic contains several
>> tables, and I also could not find out the reason for above messages.
>> The output looks as expected, and there exists no "#text" in the topic
>> source. Are topics treated differently from other element
>
> No. It means your text structure is invalid. Typical errors are
>
> <descr>
> some text
> </descr>
>
> this needs to be
>
> <descr>
> </descr>

Argh, such constructs are really hard to find :-(

Can <printshort> tags import such unparagraphed text?

>> Can somebody suggest an XML validator, that would give more precise
>> information about the location of invalid tags?
>
> That won't help you, since there is no fpdoc DTD (any more). There used
> to be one. I will see if I can find it.

Yes, please.

>> One more: --project seems not to work, fpdoc complains about invalid
>> option and missing package specification?
>
> Probably your fpdoc is too old. You should use the one from SVN.

You are right, I used version 2.5.1.

Now I tried again, using version 2.7.1, and the unmodified
sample-project.xml crashes with exception: Unable to open file
"dglobals.xml" :-(

It's not really nice when fpdoc crashes with unhandled exceptions,
instead of skipping missing or invalid files.

Can somebody supply a working test project?

>> As already mentioned, an option would be nice that makes fpdoc create
>> an project file from the command line, instead of or in addition to
>> creating the docs.
>
> Again: Feel free to submit a patch.

Sorry, the fpdoc internal structure is so obscure, I have no idea where
to start with modifications :-(

DoDi