[fpc-devel] FPDoc and Lazarus

Dimitri Smits smitco at telenet.be
Sat Sep 3 16:36:32 CEST 2011

----- "Michael Van Canneyt" <michael at freepascal.org> schreef:

> On Sat, 3 Sep 2011, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> >
> > Why the many (empty) paragraphs inside the rows?
>
> Where do you see 'empty' paragraphs ?

I think Hans-Peter ment the paragraph with the whitespace. In html you appareantly need to put something in the <p> tags for them to be used visually. 2 spaces are maybe overkill, but still.

> > Can somebody suggest an XML validator, that would give more precise
>
> > information about the location of invalid tags?
>
> That won't help you, since there is no fpdoc DTD (any more).
> There used to be one. I will see if I can find it.

who uses DTDs anyway anymore? xmlschema (xsd) or relaxng schema can give you even more validation with regard to contents/constraints, not just placement.

I haven't yet looked at fpdoc, but is there a templating possibility? (or is it a xslt transform on the xml?)

>From what I read in this thread, it seems that css use is underused (deduced from the fact that tables and <p> are used). Your own layouting/styling could be not only the css itself, but the way your resulting html is structured. xslt could be a natural fit in this respect. In most browsers you can open the/a xml then with a stylesheet. Another way to generate with fpdoc could be using some html-snippets/html-templates if they are too overrideable.

kind regards,
Dimitri Smits