fpdoc extension: embed topic [Re: [fpc-devel] FPDoc sources]

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 13:23:13 CEST 2011

On 01/09/2011, Hans-Peter Diettrich  wrote:

> This won't help the users of the fpdoc generated files. There exists no
> "right" tool for everything and everybody, e.g. I'd prefer the old
> WinHelp where I can add annotations to every entry.

The latest DocView (in the fpGUI repository) supports inline
annotations, bookmarks, searching, dynamically created index, offline
help, concatenation of INF help files at runtime, various command line
parameters for integration with other apps (eg: IDE's), various user
customizations like search highlight color, fonts, encoding, saving
help topics to text file etc...

If there is something I left out in DocView that exists in WinHelp,
please let me know. So far I think I have many more features than
WinHelp had. The only exception I can think of is printing, but that
is on my todo list. Alternatively, use the PDF format for printing, it
was designed for that (but I like to save some trees, so view help on
screen).

But you are correct, no one tool can please everybody. That's why I
had a smiley in my previous message.

  - Graeme -