[fpc-devel] Segmentation fault for Firebird exception inside thread

Stefan stefan at sss-smart.net
Wed Oct 26 16:59:20 CEST 2011

Ok, today I installed the fixes_2_4 branch of fpc subversion repository on Ubuntu 11.10 64-bits.

Then I compiled the code from my initial post like this:

<code>
stefan at PSERVER:~/Development/ProgramasLazarus/src$ fpc -dUseCThreads -ofbthreadtest fbthreadtest.lpr
Free Pascal Compiler version 2.4.5 [2011/10/26] for x86_64
Copyright (c) 1993-2010 by Florian Klaempfl
Target OS: Linux for x86-64
Compiling fbthreadtest.lpr
fbthreadtest.lpr(6,2) Note: APPTYPE is not supported by the target OS
fbthreadtest.lpr(33,9) Warning: Symbol "Resume" is deprecated
Linking fbthreadtest
/usr/bin/ld: warning: link.res contains output sections; did you forget -T?
90 lines compiled, 0.5 sec
1 warning(s) issued
1 note(s) issued
</code>

Then I called the program:

<code>
stefan at PSERVER:~/Development/ProgramasLazarus/src$./fbthreadtest
select...
...exception
Violación de segmento
</code>

This is the output when in fact a connection to the Firebird database has been established.

When the connection to the database could not be established, for example because the
database does not exist, the program returns nothing.

I've installed Firebird 2.5.1 with the corresponding client library, but I think that the poblem is on
the FreePascal side.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far,

Stefan