[fpc-devel] OpenBSD compiler

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Fri Oct 7 23:52:35 CEST 2011

In our previous episode, Pierre Free Pascal said:
> The ones with compat are probably OK,

No, they are old syscalls only kept for compatibility. That means you also
have to use the corresponding old syscalls.

I also think the getdents=getdirentries "alias" is not entirely correct.

It is possible that what we see here in trunk is not the same as what
worked, long,long ago in the fixes1_0 branch, since in that time release
branches were not kept as close in sync to trunk as nowadays.

>   I tried to cross-compile the compiler,
> but it crashes inside a fsearch call...

Probably readdir again, I'll work on it on and off as I have time the coming
days.