[fpc-devel] Could someone verify this WinCE issue (and maybecheck with other FPC versions also)

Tommi Prami groups.tprami at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 11:09:43 CEST 2011

On 5.10.2011 11:31, Ludo Brands wrote:
>> OK, seems to be same error...
>>
>> Just did not get how to get around it. Not using DWARF??
>>
> Had a quick look at the fpc compiler code and secrel32 seems to be used only
> when creating dwarf debug info. Several messages on gcc and other mailing
> lists suggest also the link between secrel32 and dwarf symbols.
>
>> I tested the all the Options in the "Chose type of debug
>> info" -Options
>> in the Lazarus, and always got the same error.
>>
>> I think I don't understand something here.
>>
>> .-Tee-.
> Go to Tools/Configure "Build Lazarus" and make sure you don't have dwarf
> enabled in there. AFAIK packages are compiled with these settings and not
> with the project settings.

I really don't know how to do that. I think I should modify the Command
lien options which are currently the : "-O2 -g- -Xs"

By changin it into the

"-O2 -gl -Xs" (just a guess by the  Message linker earlier) the IDE
won't build :(

PPU Loading C:\lazarus\components\codetools\units\i386-win32\laz2_xmlcfg.ppu
PPU Source: laz2_xmlcfg.pas not found
Recompiling Laz2_XMLCfg, checksum changed for FileProcs
laz2_xmlcfg.pas(64,58) Fatal: Can't find unit Laz2_XMLCfg used by LazUtils

I don't have idea what causes this one...

> Also check your fpc.cfg for any dwarf settings. In the messages box do a
> right click and do a "copy all shown and hidden messages to the clipboard",
> paste into any editor and check the path used for fpc.cfg

To me the file looks like very basic and default. But I am not sure what
should be in thee to get rid of this dwarf, thingy....

-TP-