[fpc-devel] rev 19036 breaks the Android cross-compiler

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Tue Nov 15 16:02:57 CET 2011

On 15 Nov 2011, at 15:57, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 2:51 PM,  <michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be> wrote:
>> So it's probably a lot easier to just IFDEF with a -DANDROID or so,
>> and recompile the linux target specifically for android.
>
> I had already proposed this previously and Jonas rejected it

I was opposed to adding {$ifdef android} stuff to the Linux rtl and then letting people compile the Linux rtl with this define for Android (there are already enough different ARM-Linux variants that cause confusion). Having a separate Android target that reuses files from the Linux directory and adding defines for that is fine (all Unix rtls share files that way).

Jonas