[fpc-devel] FPC for Sanos (a minimal Win-32)

Pierre Free Pascal pierre at freepascal.org
Fri Mar 25 10:51:02 CET 2011

  I looked a little on the API declared by Sanos
and I think that it would probably be easier
to use our Unix targets to get a reasonable support
for this OS rather than trying to use the Win32 subset.
  The C API seems to be far more extended than
the small Win32 emulation layer.

  Otherwise you will really need to strip the RTL down a lot:
Do not rely on exported function in DLL's
looking into sources, you will discover that lots
are only pseudo implementations doing nothing.

  See for instance
SetConsoleCtrlHandler implementation in:
http://www.jbox.dk/sanos/source/win32/kernel32/kernel32.c.html

SetConsoleCtrlHandler is the central function
used inside Windows RTL to support exceptions on that target...
Using signals.pp unit might help for this particular problem
as thread specific exceptions with thread information block
seems to be supported (but I didn't test it).

Pierre