[fpc-devel] Interrupt vector table generation

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Mon Mar 7 03:19:30 CET 2011

On 3/6/2011 16:46, Jeppe Johansen wrote:
> A better idea, I think, is to use the old interrupt procedure directive. For
> some embedded platforms simply allow also specifying a interrupt vector/index
> after the interrupt keyword. Ex:
>
> procedure USARTRxInterrupt; interrupt 10;
> begin
> // Handler code
> end;

is that "10" meaning interrupt ten in decimal or sixteen in hex or two in
binary? yeah, maybe a silly question but still one that needs to be asked and
clarified so there's no confusion in documentation ;)

i've several older TP6/7 programs that install interrupt handlers for various
reasons... this functionality is highly desired in them for their DOS compiled
versions (ie: explicitly giving up time slices) but i've not yet any idea if it
is necessary on other platforms... at least one, the timer interrupt, is very
highly desired for certain timing scenarios... especially those that speed up
the computers timer chip and the installed handler adjusts things so as to
maintain the proper clock timer kicking of 18.2 times/second...