[fpc-devel] Re: FPC for Linux-ARM

Henry Vermaak henry.vermaak at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 16:14:59 CET 2011

On 18/01/11 12:25, Schindler Karl-Michael wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My 2 cents.
> 1) bintutils:
> I created a number of fink packages with crosscompilers on Mac OS X, including one for arm-linux. When doing so, informations about building crossbinutils would have been very helpful. Although arm-linux seems to be fairly straight forward, please document the configure options for building the cross binutils.

./configure --help shows you some options.  The only ones you really
need to care about is --target and --prefix.  The build system will be
guessed and you can have a look at gas/configure.tgt for an idea of the
targets.  Sometimes you will also need --disable-werror, since by
default the build will fail if there's a warning (iirc).

You can do neat things like use linux to build arm-linux cross binutils
that runs on Windows (I've done this and it works).

Henry