[fpc-devel] TFmtBCDField

LacaK lacak at zoznam.sk
Wed Feb 23 07:45:44 CET 2011

Hi Joost,
thanks!
Thinking about TFmtBCDField it seems to me, that also dsparams.inc must
be adjusted to support ftFMTBcd ... add AsBCD: TBCD etc. ... at least my
test with new TSQLite3Connection shows, that there is missing it (when
applyng updates to record)
Do you have already finished implementing ftFMTBcd into TSQLite3Connection ?

>> 4. Add 3th parameter to TryStrToBCD( const aValue : FmtBCDStringtype;
>> var BCD : tBCD;  DecimalSeparator : char = #0) : Boolean;
>> so we can supply directly decimal separator '.' used in SQL and to avoid
>> saving existing, set '.' and then restoring ...
>> http://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/trunk/packages/fcl-db/src/sqldb/sqlite/sqlite3conn.pp?r1=16948&r2=16954
>> (like TryStrToDate, TryStrToTime)
>> or
>>  add overloaded TryStrToBCD( const aValue : FmtBCDStringtype;  var BCD :
>> tBCD;  FormatSettings : TFormatSettings) : Boolean;
>> (like TryStrToFloat)
>>

> And could you add a bug-report for this? I think that Marco or MvC
> should have a look at it and have to decide which design is best and
> also compatible to Delphi. Then the db-changes can be made.

Bug report is here http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=18807
If this way will be approved, then we can very nice use it (no need to
initialize something, store/restore) for example:
  if not TryStrToBCD(bcdstr,bcd,SQLFormatSettings) then
we must only add into TSQLConnection:
    property SQLFormatSettings: TFormatSettings read
FSQLServerFormatSettings;

FSQLServerFormatSetting already exists as private variable

Laco.