[fpc-devel] -Oodfa

Florian Klämpfl florian at freepascal.org
Sat Dec 31 13:32:13 CET 2011

Am 30.12.2011 21:19, schrieb Florian Klämpfl:
> Am 30.12.2011 12:47, schrieb Sergei Gorelkin:
>> 30.12.2011 15:18, Florian Klämpfl пишет:
>>>
>>> I played with this yesterday and what about extended Initialize to
>>> support unmanaged types? In case of an unmanaged type it just calls
>>> fillchar.
>>
>> I was rather thinking about 'varout' (or so) parameter type, which was
>> suggested already several times in the past.
>
> My concern about varout is that it is a rather big change of the
> language ...

I thought a little bit more about it and I'am even unsure how varout
should be handled for managed types. Should it be allowed at all?
- just overwriting a previous value will lead easily to memory leaks
- handling like var won't work either because it's perfectly valid to
pass an completly uninitialized memory location
Any thoughts?